Progress Meter

rough draft of *Venom of Dragons* / 3rd part of SPELLS OF WATER
Rough draft of *Kindle a Fae's Wrath*

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Beginning 2023

 Hi there!

2 Freebies

2023 started with my participation in 2 Book Funnel promos.

The first, in January, was offering my short story "Godriana's Font". The timeline for that story is after the Spells of Air novella trilogy with Orielle and Grim. The mentor Lilias and her association with the Dark Fae Lord Skull is the focus.

If you missed that Book Funnel and are interested in receiving that short story as a freebie, contact me via email winkbooks@aol.com. Put "Remi Black Short Story" in the subject line. I'll send you a link from Book Funnel to receive a pdf of the short story.

In February, The Wyrded Forest was the freebie offering from Book Funnel. This is the opening novella in the trilogy Spells of Earth. Desora has lost her memory and her wizardry after the backlash of a spell. She can wield the elemental power of Earth.

Since the element Earth has no windstorm or lightning bolts or fiery spheres, Desora has never considered Earth as a dangerous power. The arrival of shapeshifters and a sorcered monster forces her to stretch her power in ways that she never anticipated.

I had lots of fun with the challenge of the Spells of Earth series. If you missed that Book Funnel, well--we can do the same thing. Email me. Put Wyrded Forest in the subject line. I'll pop back with the link.

1 Admission

In February, I lost a solid two weeks to Adult RSV. [I'm still coughing my head off.] Not Covid, but wow, RSV is no easy cold.

The effect on my writing was tremendous. Not only did I suffer with great fatigue, but my brain found it impossible to concentrate on anything.

So, the admission is that I'm behind. My apologies.

Storm of Spells should be much further along than it is ... but it's not.

I've yanked out everything in the pipeline and will start re-scheduling my writing time. Just catching up with what had to slide is proving difficult.

Hopefully, Storm of Spells will publish this spring--although that's June rather than April.

I will announce its publication HERE and in the newsletter. You can join the newsletter by popping an email. Yep, same winkbooks@aol.com. I'll manually add you to the subscriber list.

As for now, here's a reminder of the cover featuring Inkeri and the Baron.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Available Now! ~ Storm of Spells ~ 2nd in the trilogy Spells of Water

  A menacing watcher lurks in the citadel—with twisted sorcery as a guard. The citadel at Saet’Idros Archais guarded a passage from the Wa...